Health Benefits Of Chamomile
From daisy family, the chamomile flower is one of the most popular herbs, used for generations in traditional medicine.
Some of its benefits are:
1. Digestion– the chamomile tea, after meals, is assuring a proper digestion.
2. Stomach strength– chamomile supplements are often used in treating ulcers and gastric problems.
3. Cold– chamomile hot tea and chamomile oil diluted in water, for inhalation, are good remedies for all sorts of cold types.
4. Tired eyes– chamomile oil mixed with water- transformed into ice cubes works well on tired eyes, conjunctivitis and dark circles around the eyes.
5. Relaxation– chamomile oil in bathing water helps in relaxing and calming down stressed nerves.
6. Insomnia remedy– having sedating properties, the chamomile oil can prevent insomnia, placing a few drops on the pillow and behind the ear lobes before sleeping.
7. Psoriasis treatment– chamomile oil is used in psoriasis and skin problems treatments.
8. Acne treatment– chamomile soothing properties help in treating rashes, pimples and acne.
9. Gum problems– mixed with clove oil, the chamomile oil is used in making a mouth wash that solves all sorts of gum problems.
10. Muscle cramps – a cup of chamomile tea works well in relaxing the muscles during menstruation and relieving from the pain.